Friday, October 15, 2010

Decoupage Jewelery Box I Made for a Friend

Please Rate Article: 
Making things at home is fun. I have always been a crafty individual. It seems the older I get, the more creative I get as well. When my twins were still babies, I made them one of these boxes as well. The boxes I made my twins was smaller, as the store where I purchased the unfinished boxes did not sell the somewhat larger size then.

With these boxes, I whitewash paint them. I do not sand them down as that takes away from the somewhat natural look. Once I whitewash the boxes, I add a different color like blue, silver or gold. Once the paint drys, I glue on the cut out photos. It does take time to allow the glue, like the paint, to dry. When the glue is finally dried for the photos, I use one of those black foam brushes to apply the decoupage glue to the top of the photos. Along with the photos, I like to stick pretty floral stickers on the box. These stickers give the box a more feminine look. These decoupage glue, once cured, will give the photos an aged look.

Here are the photos from the decoupage jewelery box I made.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Many traditional snack foods are overly processed and loaded with empty calories. Not the snacks on Nuts.com! The online retailer’s healthy snacks satisfy your cravings for something spicy, crunchy, sweet and flavorful between meals. Top sellers like roasted cashews and pistachios, raw almonds, Turkish figs and dried apricots can accommodate any diet preferences, including organic, sugar- or gluten-free. Send your family and friends a gift certificate to Nuts.com and let them go NUTS!