Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Homemade "Merry Twinsmas" Christmas T-Shirt From Mommy

Please Rate Article: 
Yeah, I finally got around to making my twins Christmas T Shirt. I had purchased two long sleeve, white shirts at a mass retailer in the Fall season. With each T Shirt, I had planned to make each of my twins a Christmas T Shirt with this saying, "Merry Twinsmas".

Two years ago, on this twins clothing website, I purchased the same T Shirt for my twins. This year, as I looked at the prices of the T Shirts, I decided to make them myself. At the same mass retailer I purchased the T Shirts, I also purchased the clear rhinestones for my twins T Shirts.

To make the rhinestone T Shirts, I just followed the directions on the back of the rhinestone package. Well, I did change something. Instead of turning my T's inside out, I placed a white handkerchief over the rhinestones. I have found this works just as well as turning my T's inside out. This way also prevents the rhinestones from falling off.

Here are photos of how I went about making these "Merry Twinsmas" T's for my twin girls.





1st Step: Cut letters needed for T shirt with Scissors.



2nd Step: Remove back of each letter and place
sticky letters where needed on T shirt.



3rd Step: Turn T shirt inside out; or place white
handkerchief over each word, rub iron over each word
for 10 seconds. Do not over heat letters as the letters
will ruin their stickiness.



4th Step: Once the letters are attached to the T shirt
turn T Shirt right side in. This is what the T Shirt
will look like. Now, touch each letter to see if each letter
is attached to the material.



5th Step: This is what the final product, or T Shirt
will look like.

These T shirts are fun to make, if you have time. They only take thirty minutes to an hour to complete, depending on how many you are making. Since I made two, it took me an hour to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many traditional snack foods are overly processed and loaded with empty calories. Not the snacks on Nuts.com! The online retailer’s healthy snacks satisfy your cravings for something spicy, crunchy, sweet and flavorful between meals. Top sellers like roasted cashews and pistachios, raw almonds, Turkish figs and dried apricots can accommodate any diet preferences, including organic, sugar- or gluten-free. Send your family and friends a gift certificate to Nuts.com and let them go NUTS!